Hmmm... gravity...

Reaction score
So couple days ago... I have my Droid 1 in my hoodie... it falls out of my pocket onto the outside ground on a concrete sidewalk. It fell on its face (lol fail...) ahem... and I picked it up... no scratches on the screen, but the display is all messed up. The screen is all black, a few pixels is shown, and the touchscreen is up and working... but not the display.

Yay! Wait... no... no yay... I got to return my beautiful Droid back... :(

but it gets better...

I was rooted...yup... running the miui rom. They ain't gonna touch it being rooted, or will they know since the display is drunk?

So yall... what would you do?

I'm going to have to get my mum's phone, and blindly unroot my phone by mirroring her device beside mine...

:(

dro

Reaction score
If you are concerned, just let your Droid go for a little swim before you bring it in.

droidman101

Reaction score
just sbf it dude, youd never ever ever ever ever ever ever need to see the screen that way

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I just had this happen to me the past weekend except I only dropped it about 2 feet from a couch on a wooden floor. I was able to unroot it with the sbf file and rsdlite. It was pretty easy and verizon will now never no my phone was rooted. Shouldn't take you longer than like 10-15 minutes.

Sent from my Droid

eggsped

Reaction score
So couple days ago... I have my Droid 1 in my hoodie... it falls out of my pocket onto the outside ground on a concrete sidewalk. It fell on its face (lol fail...) ahem... and I picked it up... no scratches on the screen, but the display is all messed up. The screen is all black, a few pixels is shown, and the touchscreen is up and working... but not the display.

Yay! Wait... no... no yay... I got to return my beautiful Droid back... :(

but it gets better...

I was rooted...yup... running the miui rom. They ain't gonna touch it being rooted, or will they know since the display is drunk?

So yall... what would you do?

I'm going to have to get my mum's phone, and blindly unroot my phone by mirroring her device beside mine...

:(

In a very similar situation, was on a flight for work and had phone in carry on. All overhead was full so I was forced to check my bag. Upon arrival at the hotel I go to check my phone and the screen wouldn't come on. I could answer calls because I know where the swipe screen is and I could make calls using voice commands. VZ is sending me a new phone and mine was rooted as well. I followed the directions here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

and unrooted my phone, I had to uninstall and reinstall RSD Lite and the motorola drivers to get this to work properly. I got as far as blindly activating the phone before I must have touched a wrong button so I can no longer make or receive calls but I believe my phone is stock again.

I didn't find this until after I screwed up the initial activation but it may help keep you from making the same mistake I did...

Initial Activation and Setup - Motorola Droid (A855)

Also, try out the rescue forum if you get in trouble as there are some mighty helpful folks over there...

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. :) Hopefully they send me a new phone. I'm using my brother's Eris at the moment... :(... it works though... so no complaining.