Hiss using headphone jack??

runswithpickles

Reaction score
I've got a pair of 32ohm Yurbuds that work perfectly with my Droid OG but have a horrible hiss with the Thunderbolt. Anyone else having issues with earbuds/headphones/IEM's?

However, I can use my crappier quality 24ohm Philips SHS391 wraparounds and they work fine although I have to turn it up to 9 just to get decent volume.

Music via the speaker works flawlessly and without hiss. And is plenty loud.

OP
R

runswithpickles

Reaction score
Anyone?

Also I read that some others with older HTC handsets had issues. Not hiss issues necessarily but more like issues with songs skipping or the music playing shutting down, etc.

I read that HTC uses a TRRS (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) headphone jack rather than a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) jack which is more typically found. I believe the Iphone now uses a TRRS jack and that their earbuds have a plug that has three white or black rings instead of two that you see on most 3.5mm plugs.

I'm going to head to Radioshack to see if they have a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS converter and see if that takes care of the issue.

I still wanna know know how many others out there are getting the hissy-hiss.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get a bit of hiss but not too terrible out of my Zagg smartbuds. I don't think any noticeable hiss is really acceptable but it's not so bad that I want to rip the buds out of my ears.