high pitch beep in headphones after 232 leak update

brantuck84

Reaction score
Since flashing the 232 leak when ever a sound comes through my headphones it has a high pitch squeal with it. Has anyone had this same problem or is this a fluke

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think you should try rebooting, battery pull possibly.. see if I persists.... what are you using as far a music players??? Have you tried another player?

Or is this when you stream music? It looks like you're saying all the time.... have you tried going into sounds, wired stereo devices, and tried altering any of those settings?? Perhaps that will stop it.. its a long shot.. but ya never know.

Last edited:
OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
I think you should try rebooting, battery pull possibly.. see if I persists.... what are you using as far a music players??? Have you tried another player?

Or is this when you stream music? It looks like you're saying all the time.... have you tried going into sounds, wired stereo devices, and tried altering any of those settings?? Perhaps that will stop it.. its a long shot.. but ya never know.

Thanks but tried all that and yes whenever any sound comes through them even ring tones its there. I did however buy a set of headphones with a freq response of 20 - 20000 and it is not nearly as noticeable guess that will do until ota if that ever comes which would be fine it didn't I'm running liquid 1.5 mr2.6 and it's flawless for me aside from that noise

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I've gotten the 'tinny' sound from my speakers but not head phones. . hope ICS fixes it.

Reaction score
I have the same thing. Not a beep per se, but more like a super high-pitched squeal occasionally -- happens when I listen to streamed audio as well as recorded. Weirdest thing is that it's usually through the headset jack, but I swear I heard it via Bluetooth the other day! Might have been my imagination, but I about crapped my pants. My bionic is the only music listening device I have. :(

OP
brantuck84

brantuck84

Reaction score
Well i flashed the aokp milestone 6 Rom and the noise stopped or maybe it stopped before that I just realized I didn't hear it anymore anyway now my phone is working like a dream couldn't be happier (at the moment at least till I get bored and flash another Rom :)) but thanks for all the replies

FriarWhently

Reaction score
Well crap, unfortunately I'm also confirming that the high-pitched squeal is back with 232. Sucks too...it was my only beef with the phone when I got it and was ecstatic when the update fixed it. I might not have installed a leak if I had known this issue was back, but damn, I love the ICS on this thing. Bah.

It's probably futile to ask, but...anyone figured out a fix for this besides getting rid of the ICS leak, getting a Bluetooth headset, or rooting?

Last edited: