Hi

Tyleryac

Reaction score
Hi, I recently switched from ATT with a iPhone 3GS to Verizon Wireless and picked up a HTC Thunderbolt. I am happy to be apart of this community. Since i'm new, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

A. When is the Gingerbread update coming out?

B. Should I root my phone?

C. What are the benefits to rooting?

Thank you all! dancedroid

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the foums, glad to have you. No one knows when we will have Gingerbread unforetunately, however i would expect it to be within the next 2 months. The choice to root is entirely up to you however i recommend it. There are many benefits, they range from being able to overclock your phone to backing up all of your apps and data to removing HTC's Sense UI with a custom rom. Check out the Thunderbolt section, it has guides to rooting and some of the benefits.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and ill have to say 13th gsve you some good info and gingerbread is just a waiting game. You can however root your phone and install a gingerbread ROM. Rooting also gives you superuser access to your device similar to a windows computer. Once rooted you can add and remove whatever you want and customize it to fit your needs. Dive on into the community and make yourself at home