Hi

jessicahll

Reaction score
Had a Droid. now I have an Incredible. Just wanted to stop in and say hey. I am pretty tech savvy and figured out most of my phone on my own, but I am in no way a tech expert, so I still have questions. Look forward to chatting with you!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

Did you root that Dinc or are you still deciding?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - anything you need, just ask :wink:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welome! Good to have you with us. Check out the entire Incredible section in the Forum. You will find a lot of very helpful information in the different sections.

Mike

OP
J

jessicahll

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

I wasn't planning on rooting it. I am tech savvy, but I don't wanna screw anything up. I do have a question about getting my apps to recognize saved data from my old phone. And that question is: HOW??? LOL,. I can't figure it out. Some apps have found old data and others haven't and I can't find ANYTHING online addressing this problem.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

I wasn't planning on rooting it. I am tech savvy, but I don't wanna screw anything up. I do have a question about getting my apps to recognize saved data from my old phone. And that question is: HOW??? LOL,. I can't figure it out. Some apps have found old data and others haven't and I can't find ANYTHING online addressing this problem.

Hmmmm, what was your previous phone and are we talking data stored physically on SD or 'cloud' data? You're saying after setting up the Dinc (VZW gmail?) some apps updated from the cloud properly but some did not, ?

OP
J

jessicahll

Reaction score
I had a Motorola Droid before. I downloaded all the same apps (games, productivity, tools, etc.) onto this phone. Then I took my SD card out of the Droid and put it into my Incredible. I did't remove any apps from the old phone or any data off of the card before inserting it. When I opened the game Papa Stacked, for example, it showed all of.he levels I had beaten. None of my progress was lost. His.is.not he same, however, with Angry Birds or with a few other games. Also, all of my fills on Mileage aren't being pulled up, not are my entries in Sleep Bot. I thought maybe the info had been overwrited (overwritten??) when I pulled the card but when I put it back into the Droid it all comes up where it should. I'm so confused!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
J

jessicahll

Reaction score
Ps: sorry for typos... still getting used to the virtual keyboard. And apparently my thumbs don't like to hit the t and keep missing the space bar completely...:S

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App