Hi there

landm42006

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droid users. My name is Lisa and I had my first HTC Droid Eris for 2 years and loved it, except for the frequent screen freezes. I joined this forum when I bought my first phone and I believed I asked one question in that time and received a quick response that helped me very much. Many thanks to you all who responded. I bought my new Thunderbolt in August of this year before I went to have my 17th back surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio so I would have a great phone with everything at my fingertips. Well......I know have yet another question. I went to a Verizon store today to try and find out my answer and they just looked at me like I had jello for brains. My second try is to either contact a Apple store which I REALLY do not want to do, or try and figure out how to ask a question on their complicated support system online. So, I am hoping and praying that you all will yet again help a computer and techie inept female to figure out a probably simple solution. So you already know I have a Thunderblot and I also have a Mac Laptop. When I had my Eris and wanted to transfer pictures and videos from my phone to my Mac, it was so easy. All I had to do was plug everything in and it imported all files to the laptop. And then when I wanted to transfer music from the laptop to the Eris, that again was easy. Well, when I want to do the same for the Thunderbolt, the Mac doesn't recognize my phone and it wont let me do anything. I hit the "media sync" on my Thunderbolt and all it ever does is search for the computer. I don't understand how it was so easy for the Eris to sync up and it's a pain in the you know what for the Thunderbolt. If anyone who has the same phone and also a Mac that could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am one of those people who learn from seeing others do things rather than read from a confusing owners manual. I hope I'm writing in the right spot for this question and if I'm not I'm very sorry. That's where the computer"issues" come into play with me. Again, thank you very much for any help you can give.:)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hi Lisa!

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your phone. And 17 back surgeries?! WOW!? Hope all is well with your health.

Onto your phone problem. Have you downloaded the proper Media Sync drivers on your Mac? Double check that if you could.

Another solution you could try is checking the USB type. I believe you pull down your notification bar and select 'disk drive' once you hook it up to your mac. Once you hit 'disk drive' it should be read by your Mac and you should be good to go.

OP
landm42006

landm42006

Reaction score
Much thanks

Thank you so very much for responding to my plea for help. I am going to try to do the things everyone has suggested after I finish writing this. This may sound stupid, (I really hate that word), but I'm still having troubles understanding how to do some of these things. I'm going to try and do my best so wish me well and I'm sure I'll be back on here with either the same or even more questions. Thank goodness for you all. I'm so happy I found this forum. Well, here goes something. :blink:

OP
landm42006

landm42006

Reaction score
Oy boy

​Well, I did everything everyone suggested and my computer will still not recognize my phone. I have done everything and now I'm getting so frustrated because when I had my Droid Eris, all I did was hook my USB cable to my laptop and all of my files imported without me doing anything. I just don't understand why this phone is having such issues with this computer. I guess I'm going to have to call Apple and I know they will give me a hard time because my phone is not an IPhone. Oh well. I thank you all for helping me and I was hoping one of your ways was going to work for me, but just like everything else in my life, nothing is easy. It must makes things a bit more interesting I guess. Thanks much!