Hi! Help with Samsung galaxy 2 skyrocket messaging issue!!

jerseyboo

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first time using the forum, I've actually never used one before!

I'm hoping someone can help me with the situation I'm having!

I have the Samsung i727, and i had the ICS operating system first and now I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean. I've had this phone since the end of January. I've had this issue with BOTH systems, for probably 1.5 months now. Whenever I'm text messaging, no matter who it is, i'll be using the keyboard, typing, and all of a sudden the keyboard will just close. It does this either once in awhile during a single text, or it does it multiple times really quickly. It's really annoying, and i was hoping that upgrading would make it stop but it hasn't.

I hope someone knows about this and can help me make it stop!!

Please and thanks! :)

Jersey

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hi! This is my first time using the forum, I've actually never used one before!

I'm hoping someone can help me with the situation I'm having!

I have the Samsung i727, and i had the ICS operating system first and now I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean. I've had this phone since the end of January. I've had this issue with BOTH systems, for probably 1.5 months now. Whenever I'm text messaging, no matter who it is, i'll be using the keyboard, typing, and all of a sudden the keyboard will just close. It does this either once in awhile during a single text, or it does it multiple times really quickly. It's really annoying, and i was hoping that upgrading would make it stop but it hasn't.

I hope someone knows about this and can help me make it stop!!

Please and thanks! :)

Jersey

First off, welcome to the forum!

Now to the issues you're having, is it with the stock keyboard or another 3rd party one? Does it do with all keyboards or just a certain one?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome aboard!

Have you tried to cleared data / cache of both the messaging app and the keyboard app - you can do this thru system settings / apps manager / all / find the apps in question, open each one and clear cache and data (clearing data will remove all of settings from that app)...reboot and try the apps again.

OP
J

jerseyboo

Reaction score
Its with the stock keyboard and it does it on any app that needs a keyboard, messaging, fb, twitter, etc. And yes tried the reboot!