Hi from the ATX

pgonza2723

Reaction score
Testing out the new Droid for work and moving from a Moto Q and Iphone. So far it's a totally different experience and steep learning curve, but what better way to do it. As of now, my priority is to figure out how to get videos working on the phone for my little boy!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Heya!

So moving from an i(ncompatible)Phone to DROID, what are your experiences so far? Better? worse? similar?

well, however it is, im glad you made it here as a new part of a fast growing community with more than 2500 active members! :icon_ devil:

Feel free to ask your questions at any time and maybe have a look at our Social Groups

:)

tigger

sir

Reaction score
Welcome! :) I came from an iGroan and I'm loving it. Like you said, the learning curve is steep, but it's a great device to take the journey through Android with!

OP
P

pgonza2723

Reaction score
Heya!

So moving from an i(ncompatible)Phone to DROID, what are your experiences so far? Better? worse? similar?

well, however it is, im glad you made it here as a new part of a fast growing community with more than 2500 active members! :icon_ devil:

Feel free to ask your questions at any time and maybe have a look at our Social Groups

:)

tigger

Immediate experiences:

Pros:

Display
Availability of apps
Google Maps
Battery is replaceable
Camera

Cons:

Syncing of contacts
Battery life
Only 3 home menus
Learning curve
Having to use WMP to sync up movies, music, etc (unless there is another way I'm not aware of)

I'm for sure giving it a chance, but in all honesty I was happy with the Iphone, mainly b/c of the intuitive interface (both my 4.5 and 18 month old was able to navigate to the movies :icon_eek: ) not to mention syncing was/is waaaay easier. Since they are technically my work phone, I did appreciate having a separate accounts for when I wanted to purchase apps, so now I'll have to cut a check to my work for whenever I get something for the boys. Minor issues really, but enough to make it annoying..... for now :icon_ devil: