Hi Everyone

msp307

Reaction score
I just been reading a lot on this site and I finally joined. Today I rooted my Moto Droid 1, and have not done anything yet just reading and getting informed on what to do. The rooting process by Motocache One using RSD LITE was well written and extremely easy to follow I enjoy doing this stuff, as I have a Ipod Touch jailbroken, and now have moved on to the Droid from a Blackberry Curve. Any pointers on ROMS and themes would be greaty appreciated. I love my Droid by the way great phone. Thanks for reading. dancedroid

ajk23az

Reaction score
I just been reading a lot on this site and I finally joined. Today I rooted my Moto Droid 1, and have not done anything yet just reading and getting informed on what to do. The rooting process by Motocache One using RSD LITE was well written and extremely easy to follow I enjoy doing this stuff, as I have a Ipod Touch jailbroken, and now have moved on to the Droid from a Blackberry Curve. Any pointers on ROMS and themes would be greaty appreciated. I love my Droid by the way great phone. Thanks for reading. dancedroid

I just rooted my phone a month ago or so and am having quite a bit of fun with it.

Right now I'm using Chevy's SS 4.8 cutom ROM with a ulowV 1.0ghz kernal. It runs pretty smoothly on my phone but every phone is different. Downloading setcpu and root explorer is greatly recommended.

also some neat things to do are to acquire a custom boot logo and a custom boot animation.

here are some custom boot animations for ss 4.8: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/86054-new-boot-animations.html

some themes for ss 4.8:
Themes

here is where you can request a custom boot logo:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/81766-custom-boot-logos-who-wants-one.html

There are MANY custom ROMs out there so the one I stated isnt the only one you can run, I haven't tried any others because am not too fond of wiping all my data clean, reinstalling all of the apps and redoing my homescreens again. im lazy that way. at some point i'll try some others out. havent had a bad experience with ss 4.8 yet tho.

OP
msp307

msp307

Reaction score

I just rooted my phone a month ago or so and am having quite a bit of fun with it.

Right now I'm using Chevy's SS 4.8 cutom ROM with a ulowV 1.0ghz kernal. It runs pretty smoothly on my phone but every phone is different. Downloading setcpu and root explorer is greatly recommended.

also some neat things to do are to acquire a custom boot logo and a custom boot animation.

here are some custom boot animations for ss 4.8: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/86054-new-boot-animations.html

some themes for ss 4.8:
Themes

here is where you can request a custom boot logo:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/81766-custom-boot-logos-who-wants-one.html

There are MANY custom ROMs out there so the one I stated isnt the only one you can run, I haven't tried any others because am not too fond of wiping all my data clean, reinstalling all of the apps and redoing my homescreens again. im lazy that way. at some point i'll try some others out. havent had a bad experience with ss 4.8 yet tho.

LoL Im the same way would hate to wipe everything clean then start again. Thanks for the links will be checking them out right now Im pretty sure flashing in ROMS is like the flashing in SPR process. UPdate zip stuff.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you are considering rooting your phone, I suggest that you read and read. Make notes. If you have questions post them. If you do root and have any issues the community will be here to assist.

I'm rooted and have wiped my phone a number of times. The first time or two it seems tedious to redo but it gets easier.

Mike