Hi Everyone.

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
Could someone please tell me how to get google now working again, over the last few days it has stopped working and when I try to talk into it I just get. can't reach google. also the text messaging speech isn't working. I have tried a new google account, but just the same. tried deleting all the updates and cleared the data and catch. still nothing, it just goes to listening/ recognizing/ then cannot reach google!!!!!!!!!. anyone wana buy a phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In the app drawer - in widgets - pull the Google Search bar widget to "a" home screen if it isn't there and tap the microphone on the right side. What happens?

OP
snowytop

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
In the app drawer - in widgets - pull the Google Search bar widget to "a" home screen if it isn't there and tap the microphone on the right side. What happens?
Thanks Leeshor for the reply.
The mic is already on the home screen, and tapping that does what i said in the first post.
somtimes when i try i get a voice message saying. that internet connection is unreliable at present, try again later. I have switched off both my sim cards and just tried it with the wifi. Same result. do you think a full reset of phone would cure this problem!.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
A factory reset is a little drastic but it probably would solve the problem.It may also be some other app interfering with it, but it needs a good Internet connection to work.

OP
snowytop

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
A factory reset is a little drastic but it probably would solve the problem.It may also be some other app interfering with it, but it needs a good Internet connection to work.
Thanks again Leeshor.
My wifi connection is top notch. 50 mb speed. and i have no truble with the computer internet. so why is the bloody phone saying this. sorry for swaring but that is how it's got me now!.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a link in my signature on WiFi issues/tips. But it sounds like you are sying everything else you do on the Internet is OK except for Google Now.

OP
snowytop

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
I have a link in my signature on WiFi issues/tips. But it sounds like you are sying everything else you do on the Internet is OK except for Google Now.
Yes that is corret, the phone internet i have no problem with it's fine. it's just when i try to use the google now. that's when i get can't reach google at present. and sometimes voice saying, internet connection is unreliable at present, try again later.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Try going into the apps manager and scroll to all. Find the Google Framework and clear the cache, force stop and restart the phone.

OP
snowytop

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
Try going into the apps manager and scroll to all. Find the Google Framework and clear the cache, force stop and restart the phone.
It's called google services framework on mine, and you cannot do a force stop.
But interestingly what i have discovered is that if i start up in safe mode, ok google works like a charm, so i thought that some app is causing the problem. so I forced stop on all my downloded apps that i have put on, and still it dont work.

OP
snowytop

snowytop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cubot p7
Update. I have now resorted to a factory reset of phone. everthing is now fine. thanks for your help Leeshor.