Hi all

reprosser

Reaction score
I am about to switch back to Verizon from ATT, and I plan to get the DroidX phone (probably thru Best Buy). My wife and I had to leave Verizon a couple years ago due to no coverage at our new place, but now we have signal - so we are glad to be switching back.:icon_ banana:

I have used smart phones for a while - mainly to be able to sync up my calendar at work. Have not used GPS, email, or internet access.

This will be our first step into the "data package", so I may be asking lots of questions as we stumble along.

My wife has not decided on a phone yet. She will probably end up with a smart phone, but does not need a lot of bells and whistles. A good phone with GPS, camera and easy to use menus is important to her. Any suggestions?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. if she likes both touch and keyboard, the Droid 2 and Global has that feature. but IMO the camera is not that great but easy to use or navigate. TB would be a good option. either way u folks would Android. good luck

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. :)

As for a phone for your wife the fascinate might be a good choice or possibly the LG vortex they are both good phones and the vortex is more midrange if that's what your looking for. If she wants a keyboard the Droid 2 Global is currently the best option IMO, I don't care for the Droid Pro much. As for the best of the best that title falls to the Thunderbolt for the moment it is a superb phone but the 4g can be a drain on the battery that is if you live in a 4G area.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

OP
R

reprosser

Reaction score
more info

We don't have 4G in our area, so I removed the TB from the list.

She likes to have a keyboard, but has never used a touch screen. If the keys are large enough - would probably be OK.

I noticed a number of posts (all over the web) about the Droid X random rebooting. Seems to have been an early issue since I have not seen any recent posts complaining about it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The X is a very solid device. Try it for a week and if you are not happy return it to VZW. This is a restock fee but it will help you decide.

Mike