Hey

iloyal

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to Droids I guess?
I am currently a T-mobile user and thinking to switch to Droid because I am tired of iphones and mac products.

I have a few concerns and hope it can be answered.
-What's the difference between Droid 2 and Milestone 2, are they the same phone?
-Which phone would be the best for me? Droid milestone or Droid Milestone 2? I am sorry, I am extremely confused with the name.

PS. I am planning to stay on T-mobile so I will have to buy a unlocked gsm version.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm not positive but I believe that the Milestone is the European version. As for which phone you should purchase, I suggest visiting the Tmobile store and test drive the different phones that have the Android OS. One is bound to catch your fancy.

Let us know what you decide

OP
I

iloyal

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcoming; I wish it was that easy. T-mobile store does not carry them and I did a little research and found out that, you can buy unlocked version of them and the price range are about $500.
I have no knowledge about Droids at all..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did not realize Tmobile did not have demo phones in their stores. Here is a link Unsupported Browser that may help.

The MyTouch, by HTC, is a very popular phone. Do you want/need a keyboard or will the touchscreen keyboard work. That may drive your decision.

Mike

OP
I

iloyal

Reaction score
Mmmm I'll take a look at that link. Yea, I owned most of the T-mobile phones already and the only one that come close to me is the new Galaxy 4G, but it's like a copy and iphone and I seriously tired of using and facing mac products.

That's why I seek out of my ways to find other brand phones that can be purchased unlocked even thought it wasnt meant to be.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I believe that phones on TMobile require a sim card. Currently, most if not all, of the phone on VZW do not use sim cards. You may find a phone on the AT&T network that can me rooted/unlocked then by swapping sim cards run on TMobile.

Mike

BTW- I'm an avid Apple user. I have a iMac, MacBookPro, iPod, iPhone, and had an iPad. I've had great success with their products.