Hey, Google! Why No Multitouch for the Droid?

iPirate

Reaction score
Oh look it's this thread again!

The topic of multitouch has been discussed to death, but one thing I would like to comment on is that I too think that Android might be getting fragmented. Phones stuck on 1.6, others sitting at 2.0.1, then lastly one phone at 2.1. I know the Droid will be getting 2.1, but what happens when the droid is a little older? Will we be like those phones that are stuck at 1.6? We could be stuck at 2.8 and new phones are coming out with 3.0. If not done properly, it could be as big a mess as Windows Mobile. I doubt it because I have faith in Google, but this is my concern.
The newest Motorola phone is coming with 1.6. If you consider Android versions in 1.x and 2.x there are only two versions and the reason is most likely the hardware.

gentlefury

Reaction score
rooting and patching is so easy I don't really understand articles like this. I have the new nexus mt apps on my said and they work wonderfully. Getting updates from 3rd prey devs is probably faster than google anyway! Not every nexus user has gotten the update.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep. I got all sorts of multitouch lovin on my Droid :)

I deleted the email client :p

Acid7711

Reaction score
The ported multitouch galleries and such programs from other platforms just lack the luster and blend that the 2.1 will incorporate. Yeah, it's cool they work, but they look like crap in comparison.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What are you talking about? They are the same program and look identical. In fact, I daresay my current setup looks far more polished than 2.1.

Totally confused on how you say it looks like crap in comparison.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Multi touch my @$$!

Why not fix %$&^ email client first?
Night mode for navigation would be good too…

Your wish has been granted!!

Gmail has always worked superbly

and the new MT Maps has night mode for navigation! Go install it and enjoy!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to install any APK's out there to get this stuff but for you guys who are saying you got this or that please say if you've rooted to get them or if it's an APK. If it's an APK please link to it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where I can't find it...

BTW over n the Aps section they just linked a new galery apk that has multitouch, and to me seems a bit smoother than the older 2.1 gallery apk. No rooting needed, just install like you did the other 2.1 gal.

Cowpoke

Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem I was impatient so I went to alldroid and found it - works great.

Where I can't find it...

BTW over n the Aps section they just linked a new gallery apk that has multitouch, and to me seems a bit smoother than the older 2.1 gallery apk. No rooting needed, just install like you did the other 2.1 gal.

Sorry, I should have linked it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ch-zoom-2-1-3d-gallery-app-now-available.html