Hey everybody

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
It's been so long since rooting my Droid X, I figured I should reintroduce myself before firing off questions. I'm not nearly as tech savvy as most people in here but I did manage to root on my own and get the Liberty ROM installed. My verizon plan is upgradeable in 2 weeks and I'm looking at a Razr Maxx HD. Heres what I'm currently running which I know is not up to date. Can someone tell me what I did wrong to not keep it updated? I don't understand why I have a VZW for a build number when other people are running the latest numbers. I don't even know the latest Android version.Granted, when the phone got stable I quit messing with it so much. Love the tethering feature and it runs fast for it's time.

I have a lot of reading to do again.

View attachment 58602

Last edited:

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone more experienced on the droid x chimes in.. :)
Good Luck!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wow, back on froyo? Have you thought about SBFing up to .605 GB and installing ROMs from there? Welcome back btw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: back! Someone with more experience with the DX should be along to help

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Could always come on over to droidxforums.com I or another member of the rescue squad should be able to help you easily.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Wow, back on froyo? Have you thought about SBFing up to .605 GB and installing ROMs from there? Welcome back btw.

Welcome back to the forum and this guy is definitely one who will know about the DX :)...

OP
TiggerGrrr

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time in Droid X Forums. It's where I learned how to root! Thanks CliffGo. How do you guys operate so easily from the phone in this forum? I like need the puter. I can nav a little on the phone in here but it seems like you guys have free reign. lol Hey Smalltowngir! She has helped me a lot. In the past.

Last edited:
OP
TiggerGrrr

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Practice for sbf

OK so I found the disk to sbf back to .596 with my DX. Do you guys suggest I practice rooting again with my DX since I'm going to go ahead and get a Razr Maxx HD on the 15th of december? I mean I blinked and missed a whole new upgrade to ICS. I hear Jelly bean is floating around out there. Some are waiting for OTA and some are loading the leaked vesion already and say it's ok.

Last edited:
OP
TiggerGrrr

TiggerGrrr

Reaction score
Is there any way for me to update without SBFing