hey every one! im jay from ok, and i despertlly need help!!!!

jay720

Reaction score
im a full time college student going for eet and had my droidx for about a year now. finnally got the nerve to root it and ran into a bit of a problem. before i rooted i got the titnum backup the free one and got taken on the bootstrap app ending up being charged 4 times for it. and cant get ahold of the dev. well the problem is that after i rooted the phone from the one tuch root by gingerbread"mad props" i followed the dmx show of how to put the ice cream sandwich rom on it. well i have the rom running but i lost everything on the phone but its still on my sd card. i know this because i put in on my laptop and they all show up but when i got to manage apps and go to the ones stored on the sd it shows up as empty but shows 7 gigs of memory taken off of it so im guessing its regerstering. how do i get my apps and stuff to show back up, or even just get my titum back up to show up and do it from there? thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out!!!!dancedroid

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! The fact that you got charged so many times is not actually something the dev can fix, for that you would most likely have to deal with Google checkout or whatever they pay service is. Now I am slightly confused on your question. Do you just need titanium back up or are you using and the actual back up you made is not showing within the app?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After installing a new rom I never, ever use Titantium or any other backup app to restore apps and/or data. I simply let the Google Market install my paid and free apps and then if it misses any of the free apps, I just install them manually. It is a good way to "start fresh" with a new rom.

Good luck.

CKD2

Reaction score
Did you download titanium backup again after you loaded the rom?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. You were charged 4 times for Titanium Backup? The developer, Joel, is from France so it would make sense with the time difference that you couldn't get a hold of him at 11 pm east coast time.

CKD2

Reaction score
No. He got charged for the droidx bootstrap app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I hope you have been able to fix this problem. dancedroid

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:) I hope you get your issues sorted out. Oddly enough, I've never seen a double charge for any app I've purchased and contrary to popular belief, I actually don't let the market restore my apps. I've always unchecked the backup/restore options in privacy settings and just used TiBu to restore my apps. Weird. Although now thinking about it, that setting is just for backing up and restoring settings but even then, I think there is an option I uncheck when first signing in to my Google account.

sent from my liberated bionic using Droid forums