Hey Droid fans! I've arrived! :D

Fejti

Reaction score
Yep, i've arrived, and finally found this forum. The forum that gives home for the phone that beats the ***** iPhone, yup the Moto DROID!
Sooo...im really big fan of this phone, BUT i dont have it...i write down my saaaad story.
So once upon a time, there was a hungarian boy, whose classmate has bought an iphone in the early of 2010...i tried it, but i didn't get impressed...i thought, maybe i should change my 5 year old sony ericsson. I started to search about a smartphone, with really big touchscreen. It must be bigger than the iphone...and i wanted a real keyboard, because the virtual is not so good...And than, i found the DROID. Ooohh woooaaahh, damn this is the most awesomest phone ever! And its not a "made in china" its a Motorola! Started to read the tests, the tech.specs. price, etc. not bad, not bad, i thought. But the price...what could i do with it? Lets order it from abroad! Maybe from America! ebay.com--->motorola droid, search etc etc, and whupeee, its really cheap outside!(in ebay, u can get a droid around 350-400$, if you calculate you can get one in hungary around 650-700$) BUT i was / i am confused about the verizon, the GSM/CDMPA or what, and i don't know, that the DROID and NOT the Milestone, so can i put a SIM card in the DROID? So this is my big-big problem, the SIM card, not that the verizon gives me one, the point is: Can i put a SIM card in the DROID (not the Milestone), or no?
ok then... i love motorcycling, linux, lenovo, playing on guitar, listening some rock music, umm etc
So, thats me...yup...Sprite...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome

The Droid does not take a SIM..it's CMDA not GSM.

OP
F

Fejti

Reaction score
Dang :/ :icon_eek:
That is soo cruel...man...so i have to buy the Milestone....hmm hmm But my friend can put a SIM card into his iphone... :(

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums.

The iPhone is a GSM phone which still uses SIM cards. The Droid is a CDMA phone that does not use SIM cards.

If you have a SIM you need to put in the phone then yes you will have to buy the Milestone which is pretty much the same as the Droid.

NO Verizon phone uses SIM cards at all.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The iPhone is a GSM phone which still uses SIM cards. The Droid is a CDMA phone that does not use SIM cards.

If you have a SIM you need to put in the phone then yes you will have to buy the Milestone which is pretty much the same as the Droid.

some blackberry "world phones" do, maybe other smartphones, not sure..

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The blackberry phones use sim cards. FYI

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Ahh ok i thought Verizon did away with SIM cards all together. All the more reason not to buy a BB :D

OP
F

Fejti

Reaction score
okay, thank your for the information :)
I've checked the german ebay, and there are milestones with veeery good prices :O So, its not a problem :D And the delivery will be cheaper too ^^ :D
But, the iphone 4 is appeared :O Dang, our favorite phone should do something, to beat that too :O I cant wait for the DROID 2 ^^ :D