Here Is How To Give Your Galaxy S8 A Clear Back!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Zack of JerryRigEverything is known best for his bend and scratch torture tests. Before he was famous bending phones he was known for random projects. One of my favorite older projects was when Zack built a wireless charger into his desk. Yesterday he released one of these projects. In this video he shows us how to remove the paint from the glass back along with a few other modifications to make the back of the Galaxy S8 completely Clear. Once he is finished the phone looks incredible. The project strips the phone of its waterproofing and wireless charging abilities. Those two sacrifices may very well be worth having that rad Clear back. I just want to know how much Zack wants for that phone. What do you think?

justin090435

Reaction score
Worlds first fully functional clear back S8.... Dude. You removed wireless charging and it's no longer water resistant. I'd say it's not fully functional anymore

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I love clear case stuff. I won't buy another Samsung again probably but I'd love if phones had that option. It'll never happen but you know, wishful thinking.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it looks kinda ...ugly. But that's just me.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Reminds me of my old color-tinted, transparent N64 controllers.

Neat, but ugly and not worth losing key features over.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought for sure after seeing the pic that it was a skin.
Watch, that will come out soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Looks ugly to me. No more wireless charging or water resistance? You've got to be kidding.:p

Amagine

Reaction score
Am I the only one who keeps hoping they put a texture on the back of the galaxies? I like the S8, I really do. But the smooth back makes it a PITA to hold. It's been a problem ever since the S6 and yet, they still haven't remedied the problem with a textured rather than glass-like back plate. Other than protection, grip is the primary reason I run my phone with an OtterBox.