Helpppp

bje1982

Reaction score
So I loved remix v.5 so much i decided to give v.6 a try and have had nothing but problems with scripts and so forth but my main problem is i flashed clockwork for rom manager and now i cant flash back to spr recovery to restore my nandroid and when i try it with clockwork it says no files found for nandroid restore.. what can i do

Have you tried using the "Flash Alternate Recovery" option in ROM Manager?

I had some troubles with the same thing with an older version that would not boot to SPrecovery with Cyanogen. I had to install UltimateDroid, then flash to SPrecovery. That seemed to work OK.

However, if you're already using ROM Manager, why would you want to go back? Hopefully, when you switched ROMs you would have made a backup using ROM Manager. You should restore your backup with that, not clockwork directly.

Have you tried using the "Flash Alternate Recovery" option in ROM Manager?

I had some troubles with the same thing with an older version that would not boot to SPrecovery with Cyanogen. I had to install UltimateDroid, then flash to SPrecovery. That seemed to work OK.

However, if you're already using ROM Manager, why would you want to go back? Hopefully, when you switched ROMs you would have made a backup using ROM Manager. You should restore your backup with that, not clockwork directly.

I just installed Rom Manager so my suggestion may not be accurate.

Open Rom Manager, scroll down and look for flash alternate recovery. That should open SPR.

Here is a link that may help you (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38831-need-help-asap-goes-boot-screen-only-4.html#post415376)

Mike

Yes I did try flash alternate recovery and it said successful but I still boot into clockwork and now i open rom manager and it says i need clockwork and the alternate recovery is grayed out.. I even ran terminal emulator and tried flashing "flash_image" and "recovery-0.99.3b.img" using the scripts I used when I first rooted my phone and nada.. how can i use clockwork to install nandroid backups from when I had sprrecovery?? possible? :cus: lol

As far as I am aware you cannot install sprecovery nandroid via ROM manager.

As sad as this might be, you might have to flash a sbf file and start all over.

Let's see. You tried to push from adb, but have you tried it from terminal emulator straight from the phone?

Edit: I got all that backwards, did you try pushing through adb?

As sad as this might be, you might have to flash a sbf file and start all over.

Let's see. You tried to push from adb, but have you tried it from terminal emulator straight from the phone?

Edit: I got all that backwards, did you try pushing through adb?

i have no clue about adb and now im stuck in a bootloop but I can get to clockwork but I hve no roms on there so what do I do now?

As sad as this might be, you might have to flash a sbf file and start a

i have no clue about adb and now im stuck in a bootloop but I can get to clockwork but I hve no roms on there so what do I do now?

so does no roms also mean no backups?

clockwork allows you to mount while in the recovery to get a Rom package onto the phone.

just download the Rom you wanted, usb to the computer, boot the phone, mount, transfer, install.

clockwork allows you to mount while in the recovery to get a Rom package onto the phone.

just download the Rom you wanted, usb to the computer, boot the phone, mount, transfer, install.

Specifically what remix are you using so I can try to find a direct d/l for you.

[/quote]

just download the Rom you wanted, usb to the computer, boot the phone, mount, transfer, install.[/QUOTE]

This process must work. If you look at the link I included in my first reply the OP used this method to get up and running.

Mike

Here is a link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38233-real-time-irc-support-click-here.html) that will get you to support with Koush and is team. Just enter you forum user name. Hopefully, they will be able to provide you with guidance.

Here is a link should you need to flash sbf (Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog)

Mike

As sad as this might be, you might have to flash a sbf file and start a

Specifically what remix are you using so I can try to find a direct d/l for you.

Just figured out I could mount now Im downloading Jrummy v.5 again and will update to that thanks guys but now if that works am I pretty much going to have to do that .sbf if I want sprecovery back?

I don't see why if you are installing sprecovery correctly, but odder things have been known to happen

I don't see why if you are installing sprecovery correctly, but odder things have been known to happen

OK Im good now I got JRummys rom now so should I try to flash sprecovery again using rom manager or just stick with clockwork? Which one do you guys think is better?

just download the Rom you wanted, usb to the computer, boot the phone, mount, transfer, install.[/QUOTE]

This process must work. If you look at the link I included in my first reply the OP used this method to get up and running.

Mike[/QUOTE]

no offense, and I know we are working for the same goal... But why would it matter if I said the same thing so he could read the reply in his thread?

I didn't follow your link, you also said your response might not be accurate, where I have been in his shoes and had to do the same thing he is doing now.

This forum isn't about who can help more or in a better way, it's about helping at all...

OK Im good now I got JRummys rom now so should I try to flash sprecovery again using rom manager or just stick with clockwork? Which one do you guys think is better?

Preference. I like them both for different reasons.

If you're up and running good now, why ruin the good thing? :p

Last edited:
Back