ok i have had my droid for 5 months now. and i know some basics.but i am not what so ever tech savvy. and need help with everything this phone can do i need to see it in person inorder to fully understand it.any help would be greatly appreciated
i dont know what any of the techy applications are for are there any certain apps i should really get any i should really stray away from...i have the motorola droid it is very slow to do any thing it freezes up on me it just p's me off sometimes it forces close on certain things..i am just unfamilar with this type of stuff.i usually have to ask my 16yr old daughter how to do some things on it
no i have about 15 apps on my device
no i clear my text messages daily
most apps are very slow to open
and a lot of the time force close a lot
i never had a issue with this untill i got the new system update 2.2
Ditch the TK, see how much it improves. Google said they are bad news for 2.2. I'll link you to the article here on DF for more information if you wish it. Remove any widgets you have running as they beat up on the CPU. If none of this fixes things you may need to manually reinstall the 2.2 update as often the OTA update caused a lot of lag. Let us know if you need links and or instructions.
Slow and force closes...considering the sounds of your problems and not knowing if you turn off your phone daily. Try a shut down and reboot if its been a while. When I was new I hit my magnifing glass icon constantly and searched out what I needed to know. Force closes happen, usually from a program that just cannot keep it together sometimes everything just needs a reboot.
Consider your last download outside of new update. I had to rid myself of a few. There is a thread of top five apps...wouldnt hurt to read them for app. Ideas though admittedy 16 year olds enjoy having to help sometimes too.Wish you rookie success.
1. Download the update -- the .zip file located above -- and rename it to the default Android OS update package name. Conveniently, this is update.zip. Do not extract the files!
2. Place file on the root of your SD card.
3. Power your phone off.
4. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
5. Wait for a triangle with an exclamation point to appear. Release the power button and X key.
6. Press the volume up and camera button at the same time.
7. Using the d-pad (the square thing next to the keyboard) select “apply update.zip” and press the middle of the d-pad (gold-looking button).
8. Your phone will now attempt to install the update.
9. When it finishes, use the d-pad to select “reboot phone”.
10. Your phone will reboot with Android 2.2 unless something went wrong.
Now, when you rename the file, rename it update and see if you get a warning about changing the file extension. If you do, you'll want to name it update.zip. If it doesn't warn you at all when you name it update, it's already named update.zip and you'll just roll with it like that.