Help!?

whiteflip87

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and hopefully you guys can help me out. First of all I should mention that I am completely stock. Recently I uninstalled several apps, and have since encountered a few problems. The first I have noticed is that when I install a new app, it doesn't always show up in the app drawer. Also, sometimes I have apps show up with more than one icon in the drawer. It is only after I reboot the phone that the new app shows up, or that the multiple icons disappear. I have also noticed that a few of my apps don't work correctly, like one of my games. It is a text only game, but since this started, some of the fonts have changed size, and I am also getting some fc's. There are also a couple other "fun" apps (schottgun for example) where all of the images don't quite line up right. I have tried to go into safe mode, but it wouldn't do it. I did a hard reset and before I installed everything things appeared to go back to normal, and I was able to go into safe mode, but the problems soon came back. Last night I did another hard reset, and even when I was reinstalling my apps I was having problems. Before I reset I used both MyBackup and appmonster to backup everything, but I couldn't batch install anything without either one force closing between EVERY app. I was still having these problems with the app drawer and such before I reinstalled either of these apps. Hopefully I have provided enough info here. PLEASE HELP!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Team Chaos section.

OP
W

whiteflip87

Reaction score
What is this market fix? Or this Team Chaos? Please remember I am completely stock 2.1

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Didn't want to read that wall of text so I assumed you were on a rooted 2.2 ROM because of Johnly's response. Are you using a home replacement/launcher app as your default home?

OP
W

whiteflip87

Reaction score
I have been searching. I always search for literally days before I post anything anywhere. So either this is right under my nose and I can't see it or I can't find it. All I see regarding Team Chaos is about custom ROMs, which I don't have. Am I missing something?

OP
W

whiteflip87

Reaction score
No I am not. I understand what you mean though, it is a novel. I just wanted to make sure I included as much info in the original post as possible. Oh, and also another thing to note if it means anything, is when I did the hard reset, both times, on the recovery screen it said

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

J

Johnly

I have been searching. I always search for literally days before I post anything anywhere. So either this is right under my nose and I can't see it or I can't find it. All I see regarding Team Chaos is about custom ROMs, which I don't have. Am I missing something?
Yup, team chaos is about custom ROMS....

droidman101

Reaction score
Hmmm... if you have any task managers/killers, that might be thee problem...

droidman101

Reaction score
Didn't want to read that wall of text so I assumed you were on a rooted 2.2 ROM because of Johnly's response. Are you using a home replacement/launcher app as your default home?

And, failure, 2.1 unrooted, lol :), next time don't skim:icon_ banana:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

And, failure, 2.1 unrooted, lol :), next time don't skim:icon_ banana:
Yes I acknowledged that he actually was on stock.....