Help

akerby16

Reaction score
So I took some time off from the forum. Now I am going to try and see how I like some of these roms. But my issue is, I am on gb but I just tried to use the rom managers reboot into recovery feature and it didn't work, is there something I need to be able to test some of these roms out? An app or to be able to us my laptop or something I am kinda at work so I don't have access to my laptop so if there is a way to take care of this from the phone that would be awesome. Thank you guys!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
A

akerby16

Reaction score
Yea I am. I have it on my phone but when I hit reboot into recovery then nothing happens

Jonas

Reaction score
Yea I am. I have it on my phone but when I hit reboot into recovery then nothing happens

You need to click bootstrap recovery first. When you get a pop up that says success, then you should be able to reboot into recovery with cwm.

OP
A

akerby16

Reaction score
You need to click bootstrap recovery first. When you get a pop up that says success, then you should be able to reboot into recovery with cwm.

ok i have tried this and when i go to reboot into recovery mode it reboots the phone but doesnt boot into recovery it just restarts the phone.

OP
A

akerby16

Reaction score
flash the Droid X (2nd-init) recovery through Rom Manager.

sorry for the stupid question but where do i find that?

edit: is there like a walk threw or a list on things i need to follow in order to be able to install a rom? since the gb came out and i got the 608 update i havent been able to install a rom.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
go into rom manager then click the top option then scroll down to Droid X (2nd-init) and click it, give rom manager superuser permission and wait for it to say its done....