Help with UOT Kitchen

charvaka

Reaction score
I recently made the move up to CM7 on my Droid 2, and I am loving it so far. I decided to take advantage of the Theme Changer on CM7 by downloading some themes. I haven't found the perfect theme yet, but I really like the Xperia Arc theme on this thread over at XDA: [CM7 Theme Chooser] Sony, Samsung, Motorola themes for CM7 (HDPI/MDPI - Updated 31/7) - xda-developers.

I would like to make one little change to it. I want to replace the battery icon with a circle battery with a number inside it, like the ones that UOT Kitchen (UOT Kitchen. Kitchen) allows. I chose my battery icons, uploaded the apk file, and got a zip file back from the kitchen. When I unzipped the file and copied the UOT apk to my phone, it installed fine. But when I try to apply it from the Theme Changer, it says that the file has not been compiled properly.

I figured there may be a problem with the scripting setting (on the File Upload tab), so I tried all four of the "edify scripting" options, as well as the "amend scripting" option. I got the same error on all five attempts.

The original apk file works, and when I decompile it using APK Manager, the 9.png files look OK with the correct borders.

I also tested making my battery icon change to the EmptyTheme.apk that the UOT Kitchen site has (http://uot.dakra.lt/edit/editfiles/file/EmptyTheme.apk), and that works fine with the default scripting settings. (It shows the circle battery I want, but with the stock CM7 theme.)

What am I doing wrong? Please help!