HELP with turning my at&t galaxy s3 to be used in verizon network!!

Exalted911

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question, I have an at&t GS3, I also have a Verizon sim card from my current razr from Verizon, is it possible to flash my at&t GS3 with a Verizon image and use the phone with my sim card???
not sure if it can be done or not.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't believe it can. As I understand it, it's not a software issue. The problem is that the radio in an AT&T phone cannot physically receive the frequencies that Verizon transmits on. That includes their cellular frequencies, 3G data frequencies, and 4G LTE data frequencies. All different.

It's sort of like asking if the original AM radio in your '56 Chevy will receive FM stations, too. (although I'm not saying that AT&T's quality is "mono" to Verizon's "stereo")

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
AT&T uses GSM which is a worldwide platform for cell phones, Verizon uses a thing called CDMA which has a much smaller acceptance worldwide. Will that have any bearing on what you're trying to do with your phone? I'm not a technician but I'd say it presents problems at the least.

Good luck! :)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Can't be done. Not even going to Sprint from VZW which also uses CDMA cause they both Operate on different Frequencies from my understanding. Its a hardware functionality.