Help with "Send read receipt" message

AndroidHatesMe

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable this completely? Everytime I text an iPhone user or someone texts a picture to me I get a popup asking if I want to send a read receipt. I don't EVER. I want to turn it off and it's become increasingly annoying. Please tell me there's a way to do this?

Bratster2

Reaction score
Are you sure this happens with Every iPhone and picture? Or just one or 2 people?

Reason I ask is I am under the impression asking for a read report is controlled by the sender.

OP
A

AndroidHatesMe

Reaction score
Are you sure this happens with Every iPhone and picture? Or just one or 2 people?

Reason I ask is I am under the impression asking for a read report is controlled by the sender.

Sorry I should have been more specific. It's only when I receive a picture from an iPhone. It's happened with at least 3 different people. It happens randomly when a certain one of those people sends me regular text messages as well (which probably is on his side).

Bratster2

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure then. Maybe iphones ask for that by default. I'm not familiar with them and I don't think any of my friends have one so I can't test anything.

Sorry and good luck!