Help with SD Card

want a droid

Reaction score
How can I get my sd card back to a lot of free space. Some how I'm down to under a gb. I was at 1.5gb and starting deleting things and it went below a gb. The option to erase sd card data is grayed out. Also will I lose anything vital to my phone by doing that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

darknecrotic

Reaction score
If you can't seem to find out what's hogging the space, I suggest you download the old version of spacemonger and run it on the sd card in usb mass storage mode.

It'll show you a graph of what's taking up the most space, and allow you to go directly to the folder it's in and delete it if you so wish.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Thank you. I downloaded an alternative program similar to that, since I have a mac. It worked well. For some reason all the files I've ever deleted were still on the sdcard in a folder called ".Trashes."

I wasn't able to see this folder on my mac yet I could in root explorer on my phone. Once I deleted that folder I cleared 4+ gb of space.

mewshi

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, were these files you deleted on the phone itself or using the mac?

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I deleted the files on my phone using Root Explorer. I couldn't even see the ".Trashes" folder on my mac.

mewshi

Reaction score
I believe that's because Macs are a variant of Unix. For knowledge sake, enable the viewing of hidden files on your Mac's file explorer. The . Before the file/folder makes it a hidden file/folder on Unix variants.