Help with restoring to previous version.

ascanius

Reaction score
Ok I have a droid 2 global, system version 4.5.629. I would like to revert my phone back to a previous version. I don't remember the version but I think it was the stock version when i bought the phone and the droid global was still pretty new so maybe two summers ago. Wireless tether worked great on that version, not like it does now prompting me to use wifi hotspot/tethering and automatically opening them. After the downgrade I would then like to root the phone, and secure it so that the automatic update feature is disabled so I am not continuously prompt to update. Then after all that can anyone point me in the direction to help keep control of my phone in MY! hands and not verizon's.

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score
ascanius said:
Ok I have a droid 2 global, system version 4.5.629. I would like to revert my phone back to a previous version. I don't remember the version but I think it was the stock version when i bought the phone and the droid global was still pretty new so maybe two summers ago. Wireless tether worked great on that version, not like it does now prompting me to use wifi hotspot/tethering and automatically opening them. After the downgrade I would then like to root the phone, and secure it so that the automatic update feature is disabled so I am not continuously prompt to update. Then after all that can anyone point me in the direction to help keep control of my phone in MY! hands and not verizon's.

Have you tried foxfi from the market for tethering? That still works when most of the others do not