Help with my android box

irishbhoy1916

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi all , im lookig for some info on a android tv box I bought a few weeks back ! First of all I want to say im relatively new to this whole notion of rooting , firmware , flashing etc etc and to be honest from reading or viewing videos im all mixed up as to where to start first ?

This box is a android b351 box , R-box is what appears on start up !
first off I noticed that the box was telling me im not connected to the net even though I was .
I tried factory reseting it but it made no difference .
I bought the box to use xbmc on it but when I installed (xunitytalk) version it seems very buggy and crashes alot or films dont play very smoothly .
I have updated my connection to a fibre powered line thinking my speeds where not up to scratch but that wasn't it ..
So after researching a bit ive learned that the box needs 1 : rooting 2:proper flash/firmware 3: updating the os to 4.4 kit kat as 99% of these devices are not properly set up to run xbmc ..
Another term ive heard is kernaling it ?? I now know these things need to be done first before a proper build of the unit can commence but I dont know where to start ?
Thats where I hope someone here can help ..
Thanks..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum. Most of these Android boxes come pre-rooted. Check with the manufacturer to verify.
For a clean version of xbmc, try this link. Make sure you install the file that is compatible with your box.

Downloads Kodi

OP
irishbhoy1916

irishbhoy1916

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Welcome to the Forum. Most of these Android boxes come pre-rooted. Check with the manufacturer to verify.
For a clean version of xbmc, try this link. Make sure you install the file that is compatible with your box.

Downloads Kodi
This box ain't pre rooted Jeffrey , cause I downloaded a app the other day (fullscreen) which I couldn't use and I got a notification that the box needs rooting to use ..
I already am aware of the kodi/ xbmc website for downloading the software .
It's the rooting / flashing / os I want to learn about & get right first .
Where do I start ? Root then firmware then os ?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes, root comes first. You will need a root method that is compatible with your box.
Once rooted you can flash a custom ROM or Stock Android.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Check this thread I think it's what your looking for.