Help with market, declined card

GeneRs

Reaction score
Hopefully one of the geniuses here can help with my problem....

I recently tried the SPB Mobile shell app from the market. I was so concerned about the lousy 15 minute refund policy that I refunded the purchase after a couple of minutes. ( For those that don't know, this launcher replacement I'd $15. A hefty chunk of change as apps go) I didn't really try ALL of it's features. After some research, I decided it might be worth keeping so I tried to install again.

This time I entered a visa gift card as my method of poy instead of my usual card. The market started to download and then it showed a problem with my order and stopped. It seems that the card I used will not function for that type of transaction, so it was declined. Now SPB shows as"purchased" in my market, but of coarse it wont install.

I'm trying to change my credit card info back to my original through the email that Google sent me about the decline. It says I can update my payment method to continue the transaction but the link just takes me in circles from the list of my apps I've bought to the Google checkout page.( I'm trying to do this on my phone)

Does anyone know if this has to be done on a PC instead? If so, once I get the credit card info changed back, will the SPB app install automatically? I just hope I haven't screwed myself into never being able to load it.

Any information or help someone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Try changing your card info at checkout.Google.com. you can also try clearing the market data and cache in menu>settings>applications. You should be able to fix this from your phone.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Got it. Thanx Gang. Had to log in on my home pc and edit from there. Which is a bummer cause I don't have much time to play. Oh well. Everything is golden.

Special thanx to z96Cobra for trying to help. FYI Cobra... Clearing market data didn't work but was worth a try. Thank you again.

Canadroid

Reaction score
VISA/MCard gift cards have caused me headaches w/ online use before too...

Darn Banksters. :icon_ nono2: