Help, with hands free bluetooth

LennyPK

Reaction score
How close to total hands free operation of phone calls can we get with the Droid and a Bluetooth headset or a visor attached speaker phone like Blueant 3 or the Motorola T505.
I leave for work before daylight and I really have a tough time with finding the phone and hitting the right phone selections while driving. I am constantly opening applications or starting searches for things I care nothing about.
Initiating a call is more problematic than answering an incoming call.
Is there a way to wake the phone and start a call through voice commands only?

OP
L

LennyPK

Reaction score
Bump,

Sorry for the post. I just found a thread about this on the Droid Forums By Model. The news is not good. Hope I don't make a call to China tomorrow morning by mistake.

techguru

Reaction score
Bump,

Sorry for the post. I just found a thread about this on the Droid Forums By Model. The news is not good. Hope I don't make a call to China tomorrow morning by mistake.

Not an ideal solution, but there is an app in marketplace called "Button Shortcut". you can remap the camera button to the Voice Dialer app. When you press and hold Camera, it will beep and you can say call [contact] or Dial [number]. Unfortunatly, it won't be listening through the bluetooth, but through the phone microphone, so you need to speak loud and clear and hopefully not have too much background noise if you use this in the car. Once it starts to dial, it will switch over to Bluetooth.

Alan