Help With Finding Current Wallpaper File

Christobal

Reaction score
Hello,

I am about to replace my Bionic due to the earpiece speaker rattle syndrome. Several months ago, I downloaded a wallpaper which I REALLY like. Now, I can't seem to find the image file on the phone. I found several other JPGs that I downloaded at the same time in a folder called "downloads" in the internal storage, but the specific image that is currently my wallpaper is not among them. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on it? It's NOT a live wallpaper and I'm not rooted.

Thanks so much for your time.

C

thumps420

Reaction score
Try changing ur wallpaper to a different one... then go look for it in the folders.. or gallery.. also u could just search for the wallpaper on google image using key words about the wallpaper

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Christobal

Christobal

Reaction score
Thanks Thumps. I tried finding the image again on the interweb before I posted, but no luck. I'm afraid to change it as I might not get it back.

thumps420

Reaction score
I just looked for mine it wasnt there.. i changed it..went back AFTER media recan it was there... allways download the set as...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
You should still be able to see it. Look under dcim, your camera folder. That's were mine is even though I didnt take a picture, I got it from the web.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

jayman350

Reaction score
your wallpaper should sync w/ google, so that when you setup your new phone everything should restore itself. This works if you are backing up your data to google's servers. When I switched from my D1 to the Bionic it updated my wallpaper. I've done this many times and it works, as long as you don't bypass the initial welcome screen and you continue to backup w/ google (not the vzw backup assistant).

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Also look in your gallery app. I can see mine there too.

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I don't think you can get to the currently set wallpaper without root. It makes a copy of it in a system folder somewhere and points there so if you set a wallpaper, then delete the image from your gallery (or wherever you stored it), the wallpaper will still work.

You could try rooting, then get Root Explorer and poke around.

EDIT: Just found this with a Google search. It should be located here, in JPG format. I don't have my Android phone with me at the moment though, so I can't confirm.

/data/data/com.android.settings/files/wallpaper

Last edited:
OP
Christobal

Christobal

Reaction score
You had me pyched Conq, but alas. the only file I have in /Data is an empty "Flixter" directory (??). Do I need to be rooted to see other things in there?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Not sure how you are looking, but, when I plug my USB cable into my PC, I will see a "MOT" drive and a "removable Disk" drive. If find mine on the MOT drive. Depending on what you are using to create the Wallpaper, the files may be in different locations. For example, some may be in the Gallery. I also use the Wallpaper Wizardrii app for example, so some are in that folder. So if you are using an app, make sure you look for a folder with that name.

If you are using a viewer E.g. Astro, look under /mnt/sdcard you will find the same directories. Hope that gives you a couple of other places to look. Btw, you should not need to be rooted to find the files.

Hello,

I am about to replace my Bionic due to the earpiece speaker rattle syndrome. Several months ago, I downloaded a wallpaper which I REALLY like. Now, I can't seem to find the image file on the phone. I found several other JPGs that I downloaded at the same time in a folder called "downloads" in the internal storage, but the specific image that is currently my wallpaper is not among them. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on it? It's NOT a live wallpaper and I'm not rooted.

Thanks so much for your time.

C

Last edited: