Help With Dial Pad Tones

Reaction score
While adjusting the sound and tones on various apps, I have somehow turned the sounds off on my phone dial pad. Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance!

cowbboypete

Reaction score
Hi,

I too am experiencing the same problem, but i don't think it's from adjusting the volume on other apps. I used to have them, and all of a sudden, they vanished! I have checked in my volume settings to make sure the dial pad tones check box is enabled (it is), and even unchecked and rechecked it to no avail. My ringer volume, and my media volums are set to high, but I still don't have dial pad sounds. I wonder whether it may have been a OS udate that made them disappear. Some of my internet research has led me top this belief because I found someone else who claimed it was a programming issue that google was aware of. I hope there is a fix soon.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,

I too am experiencing the same problem, but i don't think it's from adjusting the volume on other apps. I used to have them, and all of a sudden, they vanished! I have checked in my volume settings to make sure the dial pad tones check box is enabled (it is), and even unchecked and rechecked it to no avail. My ringer volume, and my media volums are set to high, but I still don't have dial pad sounds. I wonder whether it may have been a OS udate that made them disappear. Some of my internet research has led me top this belief because I found someone else who claimed it was a programming issue that google was aware of. I hope there is a fix soon.

I never was able to fix this, along with countless other 'quirks' found in so many android phones I had. So.....I went to the dark side and now have an iphone!

I have had the iphone for a couple of months now and can honestly say - although I have always said I would never like iphone - I LOVE my new phone!!! The ability to customize like android is not there, however, the iphone simply works all the time with no problems. It is super easy to use and the little things like ease of cut and paste and links allowing quick dialing and emailing and the cut and paste feature and alerts and tones and so much more are very much appreciated from this former android supporter. Android IS more advanced in what their platform SHOULD do, but that is the problem, it should but doesn't do without countless issues.

Good luck with your dial pad tones. I hope you find the fix that I could not. If you ever get tired of countless problems, try an iphone as you just might find you like having a device that actually works.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
While adjusting the sound and tones on various apps, I have somehow turned the sounds off on my phone dial pad. Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance!
Go to menu>system settings>sound>check the "Dial pad touch tones". If that doesn't do it then check other apps that you have installed and use regularly and make sure you don't have the touch pad sounds turned off.

OP
D
Reaction score
Go to menu>system settings>sound>check the "Dial pad touch tones". If that doesn't do it then check other apps that you have installed and use regularly and make sure you don't have the touch pad sounds turned off.

Thank you for the advice. I tried that, along with a hard reset and several other options and still had issues.

I must say I am now a very satisfied iphone owner with zero problems.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I tried that, along with a hard reset and several other options and still had issues.

I must say I am now a very satisfied iphone owner with zero problems.
Sorry about that, I responded to the wrong post. Good luck with your iPhone, glad your happy with it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi,