Help, Wanting To Manually Root My Droid X.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im no noob to this. I was rooted for a long time (more like 3 months) but I sbf'd because my phone was messing up. I do have z4 root but im really just wanting to manually do it just for the know how. I have tried the Multiple phones - Root them, unroot them. But that confused me. Ive looked for a while and i cant seem to find anything amazing. If you could just post a link to give me directions that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

Anyone??

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

Just use z4root or do a search this has been covered many times over.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

That's the thing, I've been rooted with z4 and I just want the know how but can't find one that makes sense to me that's why im asking.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

the multiple phones root them unroot them thing is the only manual root that i know of. there may be one that uses adb or something but if you want to try manual roting i think that's your best choice. it may look a little daunting but it's really not all that difficult.

I've given it a shot although where it says change permissions im lost cause I don't know how to do that. So I ignored it and then I go into TE and I type in the stuff and when I got to one point it says file cannot be found or doesn't exist or something. I've tried 4 times now and im just about to give up and use z4. And it appears my phone wont receive GB pushed so ill just wait till everyone gets it.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

I used the manual method in my sig to root my Droid2, but it didn't work on the X.

Okay problem is when I enter in TE ./rage*.bin I get a ./rage*.bin: not found. Problem?

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

the file isnt in ur directory. seriously, save ur time and use z4

Back