Help, Trying to ROOT, Problems!

samiusmc

Reaction score
I finally rooted my Droid but something is wrong. Installing the Update.zip file went smoothly and I have the Superuser Icon. I then downloaded Droid Root Helper and followed the instructions. However, when I try to mount/read/write, it keeps foreclosing. When it does mount, it forecloses when I try to install Busybox. I need help, please!

kountryj

Reaction score
I finally rooted my Droid but something is wrong. Installing the Update.zip file went smoothly and I have the Superuser Icon. I then downloaded Droid Root Helper and followed the instructions. However, when I try to mount/read/write, it keeps foreclosing. When it does mount, it forecloses when I try to install Busybox. I need help, please!

Same thing happened to me. Uninstall root helper, reboot phone then reinstall. It helped me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I went to rootyourdroid, you can also read in a couple of the threads here and they link you to a site. I honestly unrooted yesterday because i want the 2.1 ota update and rooting will block otas. The guyss at root your droid are helpful, and I am pretty sure that the droid hacks here are helpful as well.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. Uninstall root helper, reboot phone then reinstall. It helped me.

Thanks. After 3 time it worked.

acturbo

Reaction score
I honestly unrooted yesterday because i want the 2.1 ota update and rooting will block otas.

Is this true? I have heard that it will not affect OTA releases.

It will bock updates if its preprogrammed in the ROM you are using, or if you turn off OTA updates. Otherwise you should still get the OTA updates with no problems as far as I know. Even if you dont get the OTA its very simple to manually install the update anyways.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As said by many threads on this forum, if you feel the need to take the plunge go ahead. The mods on this formus do a good job of informing when the updates are coming. If you want the update just unroot and return to stock when you hear that the update is about to be pushed out. The problem is I havent heard a peep from motorola or vzw about when the update is to be pushed. If rumour is true that it is suppose to allow for flash, and flash may not be fully ready until spring then it MAY be spring before we see an ota. But do not quote me on that.