Help transferring texts from Droid 4 to Droid Maxx

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Hello all,

After 2.5 years with the Droid 4, the battery life got bad enough I had to upgrade, so picked up the Droid Maxx (we'll see if it can really last 48 hours..). However, I have a TON of texts and trouble remembering what I've texted to whom. Is there any way to transfer texts from my Droid 4 to my Droid Maxx? I've tried SMS Backup+ and a few others and they all failed (even paid $2 for 1...and it didn't work!). Please help.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that I already have all my texts backed up to gmail, so if there's a way to transfer them onto my phone using that, please do tell me.

Last edited:

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Use SMSBackupandRestore from the play store, it is free and works PERFECTLY. You just run the app and backup sms to sd or internal storage of your Droid 4 then plug it into a computer and copy the "SMSBackupandRestore" folder on your Droid 4 to your Droid Maxx memory and run the SMSBackupandRestore app from the the Droid Maxx and hit "restore" I have done this with phones with 30,000 sms messages and it took quite awhile but everything transferred great, timestamps and all. Also your Droid Maxx should get 48 hours for you, their batteries are beasts.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Perfect solution crmcsh01