HELP! possibly bricked ??

hnytrvr

Reaction score
I unlocked and rooted my rezound no problem. it wasnt s-off. i then moved on into a custom rom. i got rom manager then got cwm recovery. got the rom went to flash. it froze. my phone will not turn back on at all. i read on the forums somewhere that cwm recovery can mess them up but it said that a new battery would solve the problem. i just dont know how the battery has anything to do with the rom installation. when i plug the phone up the notifaction light will come on for a second or two but then goes off and wont come back on till i re plug it in. i dont know what i should do or try. but as of now i believe my phone is bricked. i got it to turn on with the sd card out then i put it back in to see if i could get it to work and no so i took it out again and it wont turn on again now.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
ROM Manager and CWM have issues on the Rezound. Flash AmonRa and don't use ROM Manager. Check the link in my sig.

OP
H

hnytrvr

Reaction score
ROM Manager and CWM have issues on the Rezound. Flash AmonRa and don't use ROM Manager. Check the link in my sig.

I checked your link out and it looks a lot more friendly then the guide i used to unlock and root mine. but i cant get my phone to turn back on. i dont know what the problem is :(

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I checked your link out and it looks a lot more friendly then the guide i used to unlock and root mine. but i cant get my phone to turn back on. i dont know what the problem is :(

If your battery is dead, CWM has the problem where you can't charge a dead battery. You pretty much need to charge it in another phone. You also very unfortunately need the battery to boot the phone. If you have a thunderbolt, that battery will work too. Once you get it to boot again, make sure you hold power + volume down to boot into HBOOT. Then fastboot flash AmonRa and re-flash your ROM/kernel

OP
H

hnytrvr

Reaction score
If your battery is dead, CWM has the problem where you can't charge a dead battery. You pretty much need to charge it in another phone. You also very unfortunately need the battery to boot the phone. If you have a thunderbolt, that battery will work too. Once you get it to boot again, make sure you hold power + volume down to boot into HBOOT. Then fastboot flash AmonRa and re-flash your ROM/kernel

i didnt have a custom rom yet and i have a nandroid back up. i just noticed that my computer is seeing it in adb recovery even though the phone isnt on. ive tried simple commands like adb reboot bootloader and the notifcation light came on. so my question now is could i reflash amonRa even though its off since the computer is seeing it as its on in recovery?

OP
H

hnytrvr

Reaction score
ok i just got it to turn on using adb reboot command ima let it charge then boot it into bootloader and follow your guide to flash amonRa.