Help please!!

knutson420

Reaction score
I rooted my x2 and wanna use CWR to flash roms but can't get into CWR I tried bootstrap first but the only thing I can do in bootstrap is backup and restore. It won't let me install roms will somebody point me in the right direction? Also what is the best rom for x2? I'm used to og Droid and really liked chevyno1 roms

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

motcher41

Reaction score
Ok I used to have the OG Droid too. Nothing you could do on there will work on here is the best princible.
This is the bootstrap for the X2 http://www.bandbinnovations.com/xda/DX2/Bootstrap_signed.apk follow instructions on app after you install it. Remember to check the "unknown sources" box in "applications" in "settings" before trying to install it.
Chevy's awesome rom will not work with the X2. Checkout this page for what roms to use on the X2 Droid X2 Android Development - xda-developers
XDA forum is more active then this so ask any questions after checking out the roms there in the Q&A X2 forum and you will get them answered.

OP
knutson420

knutson420

Reaction score
I have the bootstrap but I can't install any zips just backup and restore I also rooted using zerg rush method.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I have the bootstrap but I can't install any zips just backup and restore I also rooted using zerg rush method.

The CWM does not work with the X2 you should use rom tools pro to install ROMs really the best way to install a rom is to do it in Recovery using the Bootstrap boot into recovery and from there you can do the wiping that is necessary to make sure the rom installs and you do not bootloop.

Now if the problem you are having is that you can not get into the recovery make sure that when you boot into recovery you are plugged into a wall outlet because for some reason it will not work if you are not it will just reboot the stock rom.

XDA does have the most selections for the X2 in saying that there isn't very many to start with i know new rom was announced this week for the X2 you can see that in the earlier threads in this forum I think it was announced on Tuesday,so good luck with that!

eliot241

Reaction score
my first time rooting. when flashing a rom i select "extract from sd card" and keep getting an "invalid signature" message. what am i not doing?

Last edited:

Trip3601211

Reaction score
When in recovery, make sure you select, install update.zip through SD there might be other options above that seem similar but you might be trying to install in a different area. Hope this helps. Also another screen comes up with more options, search through SD card and in your root section your ROM should be in there.

Sent from my DROID X2 Running Eclipse v2.0.4