help please

lovelltim

Reaction score
I do not know what happened, I lost my home screen that I had, I tried to go to personalize it again and the custom setting is gone??? I went to set it back up like I had it and the HTC widgets are gone, the Android widget is gone, it has the options of shortcuts, widgets, folders, and wallpaper. what happened? I tried to do a factory reset by holding the volume down button and power button but that did not help so what do I do now? Also my home screen does not have the phone and + sign down on the bottom, it has a tag that you slide up for all programs. can any one help.
Thanks

OP
L

lovelltim

Reaction score
stock I think, it has 2.1 on it, I bought it off ebay about 6 months ago

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
SOunds like HTC Sense UI got disabled somehow. My wife did that once. Try this:

menu>settings>applications>manage applications
scroll down to HTC Sense and select it then select clear defaults
hit the home key and a pop up will appear. check the box to do this action by default and then select Sense.

OP
L

lovelltim

Reaction score
it does not give me the option to clear defaults, so now what?
also Menu > settings > Personalize > Scenes. Check the HTC option does not help, I have tried that and all of the other ones down to clean slate and nothing changes.

OP
L

lovelltim

Reaction score
I got it back i am not sure how but it is good now, Thanks everyone.

backwoodboys11

Reaction score
yesterday my droid started when i would mash the power button to make a call or anything the screen shows up white with a bunch of lines running down it. i could pull the batt. and it would be fine.i had downloaded the white pages app so i deleted it along with a few more apps i dont use anymore. i put it on charge and let charge during the night. it was fine this morning when i unplugged it. well i just went to use it and now im getting the same white screen. so i pulled the batt. again and that did nothing to help. i hooked it to puterthought it might help but the puter dont even see it..it is a stock droid 3 with the latest up dates.......thanks for any help

Alcapwn89

Reaction score

backwoodboys11

Reaction score
safe mode didnt work it still powered up with the white screen with lines on it. i contacted verizon and they said there is no cure for that screen.sending me a new phone monday. thanks for your help

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
safe mode didnt work it still powered up with the white screen with lines on it. i contacted verizon and they said there is no cure for that screen.sending me a new phone monday. thanks for your help

No problem, that was the correct thing to do. Glad you're getting a replacement phone.