Help please! *sbf'd and having trouble*

arturocald

Reaction score
I recently sbfd my droid 2 and re installed liberty. I got boot loop for some reason after installing liberty, so I whiped cache and data factory reset in the d2s original recovery menu. After it started up I noticed I had no toolbox so I downloaded it and works but I don't have dev tools and spar parts. How could I get them back? Reflash? I can go into setings -> toolbox but I can't access dev tools and spare parts, I also do not the the terminal emulator, need it for under clocking. Someone please help me!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I had both of them before flashing so I can't comment as to whether or not they were included, but there are free versions of both terminal emulator and spare parts in the marketplace. Try downloading them and see if that solves your problems.

tappin and a talkin

OP
arturocald

arturocald

Reaction score
The toolbox wirks but terminal does not have he scripts

Reaction score
It looks like a bunch of apps including the Liberty Toolbox, live wallpapers, Spare Parts, etc. are in the /data folder instead of /system, which is why wiping data (factory reset) will get rid of them.

The first time you had a problem, did you make sure to wipe data and cache before you flashed Liberty?

I would recommend wiping data and cache, reinstalling Liberty, and seeing if it works.

jeagolf

Reaction score
It looks like a bunch of apps including the Liberty Toolbox, live wallpapers, Spare Parts, etc. are in the /data folder instead of /system, which is why wiping data (factory reset) will get rid of them.

The first time you had a problem, did you make sure to wipe data and cache before you flashed Liberty?

I would recommend wiping data and cache, reinstalling Liberty, and seeing if it works.

YEP had a simular problem did the quoted steps... works fine.

OP
arturocald

arturocald

Reaction score
I thought it wouldn't matter if i just sbf
I will wipe, but kind defeted the purpose of sbf

Reaction score
I thought it wouldn't matter if i just sbf
I will wipe, but kind defeted the purpose of sbf

Why does wiping defeat the purpose of SBF? All SBF-ing does is restore the phone to stock.

OP
arturocald

arturocald

Reaction score
Wanted to have it only flashed once until 1.5 lol yep