HELP ! no audio when connecting to tv ????? It used to work great !

WhereAmEYE

Reaction score
OK. First off, thank you for having this forum up and running so well. It is a HUGE help.
This is my first post, so bear with me...
I'm trying to play songs from my Droid Razr, through my TV/home theater system. I used to do this alot about a year ago and now I can't figure out how the hell to do it.
If memory serves (and it rarely does these days), all I had to do was take my Droid HDMI cable and plug one end into my Droid and the other end into my TV in one of the HDMI inputs. My Droid screen would pop up on the TV screen and I would be asked which of 3 things I wanted to do. I think I put it on "Mirror." With phone in hand, I would touch one of the songs to play, and the audio of that song would be heard through my home theater receiver 5.1 speakers and not through my phone's speaker. Everything was perfect in the world = happy customer.
Well, a year went by and I occasionally needed to unplug this and plug in that, etc., and now I can't figure out why I can't get it to work.
What happens now is, when I take the HDMI cable and plug one end into the TV's HDMI input and the other end into the Droid, I don't get the "which of these 3 options do you want to do" screen. It automatically goes to "Mirror" of the Droid screen onto the TV screen. The other option is to make it a ???"WebTop"??? And now, when I play a song on the Droid, the audio comes out of the phone's speaker only and is not going through my receiver's speakers.
SOOOOOO frustrated trying to find info on this problem !!!! Is it an update issue? a changed setting on my music app ( I use MixZing Basic)? is it a Droid setting that needs changing? Are some TV and/or receiver cables not in the right places? HELP ME !!!! OHHHH Jesus-Lord-up-high-in-heaven-looking-down-Lord-can't-somebody-Help-Me ! =)
P.S. thanks for reading all that if you got this far.

OP
W

WhereAmEYE

Reaction score
Oh. I also just noticed that the Droid screen cuts off after awhile, which makes the TV screen go blank, and this never used to happen when the two were connected. When I power my Droid back on (hit the power button on side), the song that was playing on the Droid goes into "pause." When I try to "unpause" it freezes for about 10 seconds before resuming play, but now the "Mirror" doesn't display the Droid screen on the TV anymore.
Wuh... Duh... Fudge?