help -> Need to return to 2.1 and unroot hone from latest Kanegerade v1.1

efexay

Reaction score
Need to turn this phone back in to my former employer. Any suggestions on how to put a stock 2.1 on this device and unroot?

h_10

Reaction score
my understanding is that rom manager has stock unrooted 2.1. look there.

OP
efexay

efexay

Reaction score

that's only available in the premium version apparently. and I don't want to spend $4 on an app for a phone I'm about to turn in..

veritech

Reaction score
While we're on this topic. How do you remove sprecovery from ad phone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
efexay

efexay

Reaction score

that's only available in the premium version apparently. and I don't want to spend $4 on an app for a phone I'm about to turn in..

Did you make a nandroid backup??

I did have one. but with each successful flash, I've over written it.

and yes, I'll need to remove SPR recovery as well...

aveda6

Reaction score
It's extremely easy to unroot. I was having all sorts of performance issues with a rooted droid and I wanted to see how the stock build would peform. The easiest way (for me) was to use RSD Lite to flash the 2.0 software back on and then let the system update to 2.1 automatically. That removes the clockworck mod and sprecovery from the system and returns everything back to normal. I used the instructions from Lifehacker and then stopped right before applying the update.zip file.

cruisencode

Reaction score
It's extremely easy to unroot. I was having all sorts of performance issues with a rooted droid and I wanted to see how the stock build would peform. The easiest way (for me) was to use RSD Lite to flash the 2.0 software back on and then let the system update to 2.1 automatically. That removes the clockworck mod and sprecovery from the system and returns everything back to normal. I used the instructions from Lifehacker and then stopped right before applying the update.zip file.

When you went back to the stock 2.0 and then up to the 2.1, did you lose all of your settings, SMS messages, etc?