Help moving from WM phone to DroidX

ORSalesRep

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Windows Mobile phone in which I am heavily dependent on an application call Pocket Informant from a company called WebIS. It is a feature packed program that handles my Calendar/Contact/ToDo List. I find it much better than the built in Windows Mobile solution. Currently WebIS is developing a version of Pocket Informant for the Android OS. I am hoping that it will be out in August or September. In the mean time, I have purchased a DroidX and want to transfer all of my contacts, Calendar entries and Task (ToDos) over the DroidX. Can your program do this and if so, can you give me a brief explanation on the steps involved? If not, I am also interested in any solutions that you may be aware of. Thanks.

bad4u

Reaction score
Calander is the google calander, contacts are from gmail. Usually when setting up gmail you can import your contacts from whatever email you use. Not sure about calander, only use it now and again for reminders. First sign up for google mail then go from there, all I can recommend for now.

Welcome to the future :blackdroid:

p.s. the mod's here hate double posting. FYI :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Windows Mobile phone in which I am heavily dependent on an application call Pocket Informant from a company called WebIS. It is a feature packed program that handles my Calendar/Contact/ToDo List. I find it much better than the built in Windows Mobile solution. Currently WebIS is developing a version of Pocket Informant for the Android OS. I am hoping that it will be out in August or September. In the mean time, I have purchased a DroidX and want to transfer all of my contacts, Calendar entries and Task (ToDos) over the DroidX. Can your program do this and if so, can you give me a brief explanation on the steps involved? If not, I am also interested in any solutions that you may be aware of. Thanks.

I've never heard of this program you're talking about, but the basic idea is to transfer your information not necessarily to your phone but to Google. You would do this by creating csv files out of your current contacts/calendar etc.

Go to www.gmail.com and sign in and see if there are any specific information to this programs. If it works like Outllook 7 then it should be fine. If not, I don't know what to tell you.

OP
O

ORSalesRep

Reaction score
I have read about being able to transfer contacts and calendar items to a google account, but what about my task/todo lists?

cromo8

Reaction score
thats possible as well, if you just go to a corporate verizon they do it all for you

maxnicks

Reaction score
I have read about being able to transfer contacts and calendar items to a google account, but what about my task/todo lists?

I went through the same. I'm assuming you use MS Outlook on your desk/laptop. There's a product called GooSync out there. I used it when I initially made the transition from WinMo to Android. Nothing really seems to work well concerning the tasks. I've since discontinued using tasks in my outlook. gTask is a good task manager for syncing your phone to your google tasks.

There are a number of decent task managers in the MarketPlace. Shuffle, Astrid, Springpad all come to mind.

Good luck!