Help me set up Remote Desktop Client? Plz

smargm

Reaction score
Hey i'm a complete noob just Brought RDC by xtralogic

can anyone help me where would I find this info to set it up?

Adress?
Username?
Password?
Domain?

Im guessing user/pass is just what i use to log onto my computer but i dunno the other 2 thanks in advance guys sorry for being a complete noob.

OP
S

smargm

Reaction score
Ok so I put in my ip adress for adress part and my user and pw but when i try to conect i get the message connection closed "The connection was reset" Any ideas people maybe im putting in the wrong settings or something?

td854

Reaction score
What operating system is the computer you are trying to connect to using?
Are you trying to connect through WiFi or 3G?

OP
S

smargm

Reaction score
Vista Home premium 32bit

and 3g

If i can get it working my mate said he'll buy it aswell.

Payed 20bucks for it so really would love some help thanks guys.

td854

Reaction score
The program will not work with your operating system. Windows "Home" versions do not include the Remote Desktop protocol required for connection by RDP clients such as the one available from Xtralogic.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
(tip: if you can't get it working I would uninstall and refund and purchase PhoneMyPC from the market, then go to their website to help you set it up - its super easy and works well)

yungo845

Reaction score
Cant use remote desktop on Windows Vista Home premium.. need business or better

OP
S

smargm

Reaction score
Ahh shiz ok ill get a refund and which one would work with my os?

yungo845

Reaction score
none.. RDP is disabled in vista basic and home premium. U need to upgrade ur OS to vista business or ultimate.. but its better to just go with windows 7 professional or something lot smoother

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm I 'thought' I only had Vista Home Premium and PhoneMyPC works just fine for me. Maybe I have somehting higher?! (at work so I cant check and I turned PhoneMyPC is off at home)

td854

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC uses it's own proprietary software, it doesn't require a business/professional version of Windows.

SoftwareForMe.com - Set up a PC for PhoneMyPC

It most likely runs on a similiar principal as VNC. VNC tends to be a lot clunkier in performance than RDP unless it's implemented properly. I have not used PhoneMyPC so I can't speak on behalf of its performance.

Algae998

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread isnt dead. I got Remote Desktop Client and Im having a hard time getting it to connect as well. Im running XP 64-bit. Ive made sure remote access is enabled but cant connect. It times out over 3G and says connection refused via wifi. I was reading that port forwarding may need to be enabled on the router..not sure if thats true or how to do it.
Any ideas?