Help major battery drain

funnyfish

Reaction score
No matter what rom or even flashing back to stock will stop my tremendous battery drain...when i look at the battery stats it says Android OS is using 38-42% of my battery...what can i do to stop this??

crimattyple

Reaction score
I've recently noticed the same thing. Battery use under "Android OS" is currently 45%, but it's been even higher. Haven't installed any new apps or running anything different. Still on ICS running stock all the way.

Any suggestions appreciated.

mtv101

Reaction score
Ditto, having the same problem with my Razor. Android OS (which wasnt there before this last software update) is using most of my battery. I can barely keep the battery charged even when plugged in. Its like something is running in the background and doesnt show up under "running apps" Went to verizon center, they couldnt find anything but is sending me a new refurbished phone since mine is under warrenty. Just wondering if there are issues starting to creep up because of this new software update to jellybean

deduct

Reaction score
You guys try wiping cache and dalvik yet? If that does not help try a factory reset. My wife's RAZR had horrible battery drain after updating to jelly bean. A cache wipe was all that was needed for her.

angelbowler

Reaction score
You guys try wiping cache and dalvik yet? If that does not help try a factory reset. My wife's RAZR had horrible battery drain after updating to jelly bean. A cache wipe was all that was needed for her.

What is davik and how do I wipe it? Have wiped cache but still slow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

deduct

Reaction score
What is davik and how do I wipe it? Have wiped cache but still slow.

I don't remember if you can wipe dalvik in recovery. There would be an option to wipe dalvik near wipe cache in stock recovery if so. Are you rooted angel?

angelbowler

Reaction score
I don't remember if you can wipe dalvik in recovery. There would be an option to wipe dalvik near wipe cache in stock recovery if so. Are you rooted angel?

No not rooted. Have been to recovery and wiped cache but the only other thing I see I think is wipe factory reset/data. Then reboot. Haven't seen anything that said wipe dalvik.
Also, on another link found that changing transition scale to .5x would help. Both the Window Animation scale and Transition Animation scale are preset at 1x. What are your thoughts?

Last edited: