HELP!! Is there a way to use a Image for Wallpaper and NOT have it stretch thro pages

NYR51

Reaction score
For Droid2

OK this so annoying..

Is there a way on the Droid 2 to use a photo as your wallpaper and NOT have it be all stretched out through the 7 pages???? (home page being page #4 as your slide through.

What the heck were they thinking when they thought that was a good idea, and I can't even find a option to not have it do that. There must be an app or something?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Welcome to the forum and watch the language. This is a family-friendly website. I'd change that before a Mod or SuperMod sees it and dings you for it.

Have you tried setting your wallpaper from the Gallery and when you pick the picture you select the whole image instead of part of it?

OP
N

NYR51

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and watch the language. This is a family-friendly website. I'd change that before a Mod or SuperMod sees it and dings you for it.

Have you tried setting your wallpaper from the Gallery and when you pick the picture you select the whole image instead of part of it?

yea, no matter where i set it from it just stretches the whole image out through all 7 pages, its terrible.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you tried a 3rd party launcher? I don't know how attached you are the to the MotoBlur, but you could try. I'm partial to ADW and a lot of people like LauncherPro -- it's a matter of taste. I'm unsure any other launcher works under FroYo, so if you want to give it a try, try those two.

capnfuffy

Reaction score
Make sure your wallpapers are 960x854 in size or close to that. Or if you don't want the wallpaper to scroll ADW has an option to disable that.

OP
N

NYR51

Reaction score
Where do I DL the ADW? When I search the market all i get is themes that require ADW

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way on the Droid 2 to use a photo as your wallpaper and NOT have it be all stretched out through the 7 pages???? (home page being page #4 as your slide through.

What the heck were they thinking when they thought that was a good idea, and I can't even find a option to not have it do that. There must be an app or something?
Is it actually stretched or are you referring to the way that the home screens pan across the wallpaper?

What the heck were you thinking that it wasn't a good idea? :p Seriously, though, there are options presented above to disable it if it really bothers you.