Help installing Liquid!

BrazilianJitz

Reaction score
Hello everyone last night I decided I was going to try either Liquid 2.5 or Justice after having 3g issues on Liberty .9. I went ahead and sbfd back to 340 rooted with z4 then installed Rom manger premium to do the install. I couldn't get my phone to boot into clockwork recovery to install the zip file unless I used a bootstrapper which for the Justice rom it said not use. I tried installing the liquid 2.5 anyways and just got stock in bootloop. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!? I have flashed many roms before with no issues but these have me stumped.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
After SBFing and rooting you do need to use bootstrap to boot into CWM intitially. Once you do that and have the ROM installed, in this case liquid, you no longer can use bootstrap because it will cause problems. At this point you can use ROM manager or the option on the power menu to get into recovery.

Are you still stuck in the bootloop? Now I am still pretty new to the DX scene so I dont know how much help I can offer from here. The only trick I know of is to boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset and wipe cache from there.

OP
B

BrazilianJitz

Reaction score
I am currently back on liberty .9. Do I use the droid x or 2 bootstrap? I couldn't get it to go into the stock recovery when it was in bootloop but I only tried the home button and power button.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am currently back on liberty .9. Do I use the droid x or 2 bootstrap? I couldn't get it to go into the stock recovery when it was in bootloop but I only tried the home button and power button.

You can use the bootstrap now. To go to liquid or any 2nd-init ROMs (cm7, justice, and miui) you will need to SBF back to froyo again from liberty GB though.

And as far as stock recovery, home and power works for me but I have never been on any GB leack. I have read that in some cases people who are on or have been on GB need to hold home + menu along with the power button to get into stock recovery.

Last edited:

drjimbeam

Reaction score
Don't install 2.5, networkdata doesn't work, 3g and wifi broke. Install 2.4. Save yourself some headaches

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My bad. Good point. I wasn't even thinking about that. I only had wifi issues but others did have data among other problems.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

OP
B

BrazilianJitz

Reaction score
Up and running on 2.4 thanks for the help. Another question though. I can go straight from 2.4 to Justice if I want correct?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, glad you got it and glad drjimbeam stepped in so you didnt end up with any data issues!!

OP
B

BrazilianJitz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help.