Help - I can't set up my work email

tiffaniejean

Reaction score
I got the new Motorola Droid, and I am having problems setting up the email...I am using imap and it won't recognize my information...has anyone had problems with this or have any suggestions on how to fix? I may have to return it as its very important that i get my work emails when i am on the road!
Thanks,
Tiffanie

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't know what imap is, but can you forward the imap emails to another email address? for example "[email protected]"? and then all those will go to your phone...

MayneMan

Reaction score
I got the new Motorola Droid, and I am having problems setting up the email...I am using imap and it won't recognize my information...has anyone had problems with this or have any suggestions on how to fix? I may have to return it as its very important that i get my work emails when i am on the road!
Thanks,
Tiffanie

Is your work email use exchange

OP
T

tiffaniejean

Reaction score
First off, I am going to apologize because I am not tech savvy at ALL!! But, I use Microsoft outlook for the email on my laptop. Its' a company domain, and we use IMAP server, i believe it is called. When i try to put all the information in, it can not verify my username or password, both of which i know were not typed incorrectly. I am certain this is user error, but I have NO idea how to fix it. My boss who is tech savvy also tried to set it up but got frustrated and told me to get rid of the droid...:(

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Does your company provide a document that lists what settings you need to set up outlook with your email or did they set it up for you?

IMAP may or may not use SSL (a type of security) if you tell the droid no SSL but your email server requires it, it wont work. So you need to make sure that setting is correct.

Additionally, if whoever administrates your email changed the ports to anything other than whats commonly used for IMAP, you need to get those port numbers and enter them during the set up as well.

MayneMan

Reaction score
First off, I am going to apologize because I am not tech savvy at ALL!! But, I use Microsoft outlook for the email on my laptop. Its' a company domain, and we use IMAP server, i believe it is called. When i try to put all the information in, it can not verify my username or password, both of which i know were not typed incorrectly. I am certain this is user error, but I have NO idea how to fix it. My boss who is tech savvy also tried to set it up but got frustrated and told me to get rid of the droid...:(

I just sent you a PM