help, extremely frustrated!!!!!

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I'm gonna throw this dam phone through the wall in a minute..

i did a back up prior to downloading rubix 1.90 rom..

so, i download it. it finishes..

i go to rom manager and select install from sd card...i click that find the .zip and it does its thing for a minute then i get the little droid with an exlamation mark in the middle of the screen.

can someone please help me fix this before i really throw this through the wall. i just want it rooted already. well i am rooted not rom'd....please, please help

mcp770

Reaction score
Rom manager doesn't work for me at all either. Reboot into clockwork recovery and do the restore there, works great.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Yup. Worked. Phew! Mini panic attack. I just want this dam thing rommed already! Jeez. Too hard to do it seems like

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
I removed rom manager. Just use the bootstrap app and do everything in clockwork recovery backups and all. Also very easy to install a rom just put the rom zip and theme on the root of your sd card and clear all your cache files and choose install zip from sd card and load the rom then do the same with the theme and reboot. Never liked rom manager.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
help installing rom!!!

ok, i finally got the zip where needed to be and used bootsrap and installed successfully. but, when rebooting i'm stuck at where the m boot used to be now it says rubix, and it's just sitting there..what do i do now??

mcp770

Reaction score
ok, i finally got the zip where needed to be and used bootsrap and installed successfully. but, when rebooting i'm stuck at where the m boot used to be now it says rubix, and it's just sitting there..what do i do now??

First boot takes a while. Give it a few minutes. If it boot loops, after about two reboots it should boot into recovery then wipe data and reboot again should be fine.

detox

Reaction score
Rom manager is a useful tool for renaming your backups. This is the only thing I use rom manager for. Its hard to remeber which backup is which by date alone

mcp770

Reaction score
Rom manager is a useful tool for renaming your backups. This is the only thing I use rom manager for. Its hard to remeber which backup is which by date alone

I just do that with Astro but you're right, I would never be able to sort them otherwise.

trebb

Reaction score
Sounds like you just want the end result without taking the time to read and learn about these things. Doing this stuff wrong can cause a lot of frustration.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Remember me saying this earlier? Haha!

First boot takes a while. Give it a few minutes. If it boot loops, after about two reboots it should boot into recovery then wipe data and reboot again should be fine.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Yes. Sorry guys. Just wanted it all done. Took a deep breath and got her done finally!