Help! Droid Incredible Pretty Much Reverted Back To The Ice Age~

Fishface12

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Droid Incredible 1 and it has pretty much time traveled backwards on its own to a previous state. I got the notification on my phone for a system update and I pressed "install now" selection, but whenever it went to reboot, it just kept me on the screen I was on. Some time went by and the phone froze then took me to the white screen with the HTC logo. After it loaded, my screen was entirely black until I pressed the on/off button to turn the screen off and back on. It then showed my wallpaper until I slid the drag to unlock down and it was still completely black.

I took the battery out and put it back in to restart the phone as this usually fixes things whenever this phone acts weird. It took awhile to power on, but several apps were deleted and my pictures only showed 119 or so when I have 250+. The pictures eventually all loaded back up, my texts were still there and my google searches were still there under the magnifying glass search button. The things that changed were all my internet bookmarks were deleted, gmail wasn't loading, youtube app deleted my searches and signed me out. When I reinstalled and went to sign in, I keep getting an error occured notification. There's also the circular loading arrow on the top of the screen which just stays there. My lookout security app will open for two seconds then closes out, I keep getting a google play store crash notification, facebook will no longer alert me with push notifications and my ebay app says "Data access problem-We are sorry but the user preference files on this device have been moved by the device manufacturer and are not accessible by this app. To resolve this issue you will to perform a factory reset of your device."

Other than all of that, the other phone features seem to be working normal. Any help would be greatly and most tremendously appreciated!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The update was supposed to be a minor update that would make the phone more stable....the irony in that right now...

Sadly you may have to opt for that factory reset just to get it stable.

View attachment 60428

OP
F

Fishface12

Reaction score
Thank you both for replying. This phone has been pretty much garbage since it started messing up a few months after I first got it. In regards to the factory reset, what all does that contain? How much of my current information on the phone will be deleted and what all does it keep? Is there any way to get my internet bookmarks back or youtube saved searches?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you both for replying. This phone has been pretty much garbage since it started messing up a few months after I first got it. In regards to the factory reset, what all does that contain? How much of my current information on the phone will be deleted and what all does it keep? Is there any way to get my internet bookmarks back or youtube saved searches?
A factory data reset is as it sounds, it resets your phone to its factory settings. It will delete everything on the phone so save anything you want saved (pics, vids, music, text messages, etc.) Your apps are backed up to your gmail account and so are your contacts if you saved them there as well. You may have to redo your internet bookmarks, but if you use Chrome on your PC then you can grab the bookmarks straight from your desktop (it's what I do nowadays at least), but the stock browser will reset.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
All the resets and updates could not salvage my wife's Incredible. It used to work perfectly and then after the last two update it was horror. In addition to freezing and deleting of data that would randomly happen, it used to "Droid" in the middle of the night. From 2am till 5. It was awful and I tried every little tip I read. She moved onto the Rezound.

I hope you have better luck than we did. It was a good phone.