HELP!! Droid 2 problems. Any help greatly appreciated

Bmt1960

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 (purchased new at Verizon) since August and have been having a few problems:

1. Google search widget locks up about 75% of the time when I type something into it. After a few minutes it finally corrects itself.

2. Voice commands take up to a minute to launch every time.

3. Phone will lock up when pushing the top right button to shut off the screen or turn the screen back on. It either re-boots itself or a I have to do a soft reset to correct it. Either way, the phone needs to power down and power back up when this happens.

System version is 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!! ANY help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get the same issues with the native search app and have to clear its data/cache and then it works just fine. How often are you rebooting your phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

Bmt1960

Reaction score
Is that done through the settings on the web page? I'm rebooting it maybe once a day on average. Thanks!

trook

Reaction score
My voice commands always take forever to launch. Does anyones voice command come up quickly after launch or do they all lag? Just wondering..And yes, open your browser, press menu, go to settings, clear cache will be towards the bottom.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No the google search widget can be cleared of data and cach by going to settings and then applications and then manage applications and then going to all and then finding google search.

OP
B

Bmt1960

Reaction score
Cleared the cache. So far so good. Thank you!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad I could help. I had to clear the cache twice in about a week but I haven't had any problems since and that was like three weeks ago.