Help cant get rid of my Superuser app

attitude2.3

Reaction score
hello

I have rooted my phone a while back and started to have issues, i have to send this phone back to Verizon. I have unrooted my bionic 5.5.893 using petes motorola root tools, however I cant seem to uninstall the Superuser app. I have tried to repeat the process and completely restore my bionic and still nothing. If i go to manage app it will not give me the option to uninstall. Please help me!!!!

THANK YOU

PS The reason I know (or think) my phone is unrooted is because all the rooted app will not work anymore and when i used petes motorola root tools it told me it was unrooted

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason you can't uninstall super user is because its a system app. When unrooted, you don't have privileges to uninstall or remove them. You could probably use an fxz and restore it to complete stock. I'm on a Nexus though so not entirely sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
A

attitude2.3

Reaction score
what is an fxz? should i root my phone, delete the app then unroot it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should reroot it, then get Ginger Unroot from the market to unroot it. Then you'll be able to get rid is Superuser if it's still showing up.

sent from my phone

OP
A

attitude2.3

Reaction score
thank you! that seemed a little too easy haha it worked great!

I have another question
- I have tried to install different ROM's onto my bionic .902 using Safe Strap. It worked pretty good however i can't get my service to work. I can only get wifi and there is a little x where the 4G is supposed to be. Any one have any ideas how i can fix this?. I tried using Liberty3bionic 2.0 and Blurr3d 1.5